I provide individual counselling services from my comfortable, private office in North Burnaby, BC, near Vancouver, BC. I also provide secure Skype counselling and group therapy, which you can read more about by clicking on the links.
In a supportive and caring atmosphere, I offer highly personalized treatment, tailored to your individual needs and unique problem situations. I provide a safe environment for you to express yourself openly, and take a gentle, collaborative approach to helping you.
Enjoy being your authentic self!
Individual counselling can be the most effective means to helping you overcome the barriers to self-empowerment, intimacy and fulfilling your life’s purpose. It is often just a matter of learning the right tools and working through the self-limiting beliefs that no longer work for you anymore. I look forward to helping you build these skills.
Using primarily a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) in addition to other counselling models, I base our therapy sessions around the following processes:
- Listening to your concerns with genuine empathy, care, and interest.
- Getting to know your unique (and always interesting) personality and life experiences
- Gently bringing your awareness to your personal “schemas” (deeply held core beliefs) and if they are holding you back, exploring ways to change them.
- Identifying behaviour patterns that are unhelpful, and making a strategy to try out new ones.
- Using CBT techniques to helping you untwist any distorted thinking that leads to depression and anxiety. (Read here about the 10 most common distorted thinking patterns)
- Giving you the space to offload and process old traumas, and guiding you through the process of letting go and moving forward.
- Modelling effective communication skills and relationship building skills
- Helping you build a greater understanding and appreciation of your (amazing) self
- Teaching you cognitive and behavioural coping skills to reduce symptoms and their impact on your life
- Help you build a tangible, practical self-help toolkit to use outside of therapy and after counselling sessions are finished
Therapy Tools I use:
- Talk Therapy
- Behavioural Experiments
- Empty Chair
- Cue Cards
- Letter Writing
- Communication skills training
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Walking Meditation
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Guided Imagery
- Creative Visualization
- Daily Mood Log
- Worry Diary
- Fear Ladder
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
“Jenny presented me with information and empathy that made me feel very safe and supported. I would recommend Jenny as a counsellor because I have seen the progress that having a wonderful counsellor like Jenny can deliver.”
– Marianne P.